Even IT Professional required sometimes to search internet for how to find IP Address on Windows PC and might be you are the one who reached here in finding this as well. How to find IP Address in Windows PC is very straight forward but due to Windows User Interface Changes in different Editions make it a searchable topic as well. Let’s start exploring all Available Windows clients or Windows Workstation Operating Systems for our how to find IP Address on Windows PC tutorial which will be update and currently includes Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 as well for this post.
How to find IP Address on Windows XP Professional / Home.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Open the Network Connections icon.
- Open the icon representing your PC’s network connection.
- When you have more than one icon, just pick the main one.
- In the Status dialog box, click on the Support tab.
- The Connection Status area lists the IP address.
- Click the Close button.
But if you loves command prompt, you can do this in a matter of seconds.
- Access Windows Start Menu (Start Button) and click on RUN.
- Type CMD in RUN Open Prompt and click OK. This will open a black Small Windows called Command Prompt.
- On Command Prompt blinking courser position, type ipconfig /all and Press Enter to get all IP Address Information.
How to Find IP Address on Windows 7
- Open the Network and Sharing Center window.
- On the right side of the window, choose the link Local Area Connection.
- A dialog box appears, listing some brief information about the network connection. But that’s not good enough!
- Click the Details button.
- You find the PC’s IP address listed as IPv4 IP Address in the Network Connection Details dialog box.
- Click the Close button and close the Network and Sharing Center window.